The Sims 4 death flower is named as such because of its magical power to save your sim from the grim reaper. It’s a rare flower, and having it would benefit you in a crucial way. Therefore, in this article, we’ll talk about all the features, functions, and other aspects of this flower that you should be aware of. Since this is a rare flower, finding or growing it is not going to be an easy task, but this guide will make things as simple as possible for you.
What is Death Flower Sims 4?
Death flower is a life saving plant, which only works if another sim who isn’t dying gives it to the grim reaper. Even if you have this plant in your inventory, it won’t save your character unless provided by another sim. Also, the death flower isn’t a boon of immortality but more of an extension of your character’s life. So if you save an elder sim from dying by giving the death flower, their life would only extend for a few days, and then they’ll die again.
Another benefit of this plant is that when your avatar reaches level 10 in cooking skills, they can prepare a dish called Ambrosia, and the death flower is one of the key ingredients in it, apart from Angelfish and Potion of Youth. When a ghost sim consumes this dish, it can come back to life. All in all, this dish requires rare ingredients that you won’t find in any park or around the world so quickly.
This plant would produce one death flower per day, which would cost $240 when they are at the normal stage of evolution. A perfect flower can be sold for $667, but what if you have 10 perfect yields at once? To do so, harvest your plant at the correct time and store it in build/buy. Once you do this, your plant will produce 9 more perfect flowers, and selling these would earn you $5,464 at once.
Also, if you have a death flower kept in your inventory, you can use it to save another sim’s life as well by offering it to the grim reaper.
How to Get a Death Flower Sims 4?
There are two ways to acquire this plant, and both of them don’t involve your sim stumbling upon them somewhere in the world. The first method that we’ll discuss is using death flower cheat code to get this plant. Here’s how you can do that –
- Click Ctrl + Shift + C and open the console box.
- Type “testingcheats true” in the box to enable cheats and press enter.
- Input “bb.showhiddenobjects” and press enter. This will open the debug options in front of you where you can find this plant.
- Click Ctrl + Shift + C again to close the console box.
When the debug options appear in the build mode, search for the death flower and then you can buy them for 1200 simoleans and plant them on your lot. Once they mature, you can keep them in your sim’s inventory.
Another way to obtain this plant is through grafting, but your character should have level 5 in gardening skills to be able to do this. Follow the steps below to graft two plants together to get your desired plant.
- Graft a Lily onto a Snapdragon to get an Orchid. You can find the seeds of these two plants in the Seasons’ starter flower pack, or you can search for them around Oakenstead in Willow Creek.
- Now, graft a Cherry on an Apple to acquire a Pomegranate plant. Cherries can be found in Oasis Springs’ children’s equipment, and apple trees are growing around Willow Creek. They are also included in the starter fruit pack.
- Lastly, graft a Pomegranate on an Orchid, and you’ll obtain the Death Flower.
If you’re lucky, you might come across this plant in the Magic Realm’s Alchemy Supplies Stall for 1200 simoleans. This rarely happens, though, so don’t hold your breath. Your avatar could also find it during fishing or in the rare seed packet.
How to Use The DeathFlower?
There are several ways to use this plant, and they’ll give your game a fun twist. Here’s what you can do with this flower, apart from saving yourself or others.
- Your avatar can create a Shadow Realm drink when they are at level 10 in Mixology skill for $250 using a death flower. This drink is famous as the Grim Reaper’s official poison of choice.
- Players with level 9 in the Flower Arranging skill can make their arrangement smell beautiful using the death flower. Gifting this arrangement to another sim would make them age up, so if you gift it to an elder avatar, they might die.
Yes, you can certainly plant a death flower, but on one condition; your sim should be at level 5 in gardening skills to do so because planting this flower requires grafting.
This was all about Sims 4 death flower, and we hope this guide helped you in understanding the essentiality of this plant. None of us want our characters to die even if they get old, so this plant is what would give you a few more days with them or might give you a chance to save some other avatar’s life. So do plant this flower in your garden, either using cheats or the standard method; it’s up to you.